Today we are reflecting on 2018 and discussing our hosts favorite tools for event profs from the past year.
In this episode of #EventIcons our hosts Will Curran, Brandt Krueger, Tahira Endean, and Alex Plaxen will share all about their favorite tools for event profs. Our hosts will fill you in on their favorite episodes of the year, books, podcasts, apps, tech gadgets and so much more! If you are looking for new inspiration and tools this episode is for you.
We want to help keep you up-to-date with the latest and greatest!
Below, in our Epic Resources section, we link the awesome insider favorites that were mentioned in this episode! You WANT to check these out! What has been your favorite episode so far? Comment below and let us know!
You’re watching this recording of our episode here on our blog, but wouldn’t you rather watch live, ask your own questions, and participate in person? Subscribe now to watch live! (We’ll remind you of upcoming episodes.) We would love for you to join us LIVE and bring your questions for our icons. This is all for you! And now for the main topic in the episode below, Favorite Tools Of The Year!
Those who enjoyed the Expanse TV Series they should read the book. @BrandtKrueger Click To Tweet I actually really enjoy our own Podcast and listening back to episodes that I was not hosting. We ask some great questions and we get great answers. @TahiraCreates Click To Tweet Lattice is my new app that I find last week. It's great for company updates that let you share your goals and progress on slack. If you have a team, check it out! @ItsWillCurran Click To Tweet I use my Echo and Echo Dot around the house a lot. They are just super convenient. Also I use Amazon Fire Stick, so I can use it as a remote for my TV. @APlaxen Click To Tweet
How To Subscribe:
- Click here to watch the show live and get email notifications of new episodes.
- Subscribe via iTunes: Video & Audio or Audio Only
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed): Video & Audio or Audio Only
Follow our iconic guests on Twitter:
- Will Curran of Endless Events (@itswillcurran)
- Brandt Krueger of Event Technology Consulting (@BrandtKrueger)
- Alex Plaxen of Little Bird Told Media (@APlaxen)
- Tahira Endean of BCIC (@TahiraCreates)
Check out the epic resources mentioned in this episode:
- VR At Events- Everything You Need to Know – #EventIcons Episode 105 – How do you use VR as a group experience and not have it be isolating? What are the challenges of virtual reality at events in the events industry? We discuss all of this and more in this episode.
- House of VR – Offers a state-of-the-art Virtual Reality lounge and event space.
- Digital Innovation At Events – #EventIcons Episode 106 – In this episode of #EventIcons we are joined by the iconic Charles Truong of PixMob/klik and Victor Bohnert of Innovatis Group to discuss digital innovations in events and how to use technology to enhance engagement.
- Klik – Plan for the unplannable with the world’s most collaborative events platform.
- Why Networking is Dead & Braindates are The Future – #EventIcons Episode 138 – In this episode we discuss what braindates are, how they work, how to set them up and so much more! You do not want to miss this episode! Let’s jump in.
- How to Improve Audience Engagement At Event – #EventIcons Episode 110 – Our episode touch on tools that can help you create an atmosphere that encourages audience engagement and create value at your event! You do not want to miss this!
- E-Gaming Events Revolution – #EventIcons Episode 113 – E-gaming events are an emerging segment of events that you are going to want to know about, and you are in the right place to learn!
- Everything You Need to Know About C2 Montreal – #EventIcons Episode 139 – In this episode of #EventIcons the iconic Julia Cyboran of C2 Montréal joins us to teach us more about the magic and engineering that makes C2 Montréal event truly spectacular.
- C2 Montréal – The annual international business conference that helps established and aspiring leaders unlock their creativity in order to better face disruption and change.
- C2 Montreal – Not Your Average Conference – C2 is all about setting the stage for creativity and involvement; to talk to others and explore new things that you can take back and implement in your business.
- The me you want to be: Roger’s Rules for a Bigger, Better, More Powerful YOU by Roger Haskett – In this inspiring, transformational and truly heartwarming book, celebrated keynote speaker, entrepreneur, actor, teacher, director, and writer Roger Haskett helps you discover incredible new ways to create internal power and become the me you want to be.
- Engagement Unlimited – Creates positive transformational change through active engagement at meetings and events.
- Creating a Epic Team Building Event – #EventIcons Episode 98 – In this #EventIcons episode, we have two ICONIC guests, Sydney Wolf & Roger Haskett are discussing their best tips for creating team building events.
- It Doesn’t Have to Be Crazy at Work by Jason Fried – It isn’t a book telling you what to do. It’s a book showing you what they’ve done—and how any manager or executive no matter the industry or size of the company, can do it too.
- Frankly Speaking…: Insider Advice (Most) Meeting Planners Won’t Share with Speakers by Shawna Suckow, Bonni Scepkowski, Maralynn Adams & Tracey Smith – Within the pages of this book, you’ll find the combined wisdom of over 600 years (more or less) of meeting planning expertise, all aimed at helping you book more business as a speaker.
- Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box by The Arbinger Institute – Improve their lives and workplaces—areas such as team building, conflict resolution, and personal growth and development, to name a few.
What are your favorite tips and tricks for using event furniture to engage? Comment below and let us know.