A great event is very similar to a great theatrical production. There is the grand entrance, the setting, a narrative, building the story, emotions, and an ending that makes us think. On top of a storyline, there is the technical side with set changes, technology to enhance the experience and a cast that brings it all to life. It makes sense to make your events more theatrical to enhance the attendee experience. So how do you make your events more theatrical? You are in luck! Today’s guests are going to share the best tips and tricks for doing just that.
In today’s episode of #EventIcons our iconic panel Brittney Lanni of O’Keefe Communications, LLC, Kevin Molesworth, CSEP of Brass Tacks Event, Sarah Cissna of The Side Lobby will be discussing how to bring more theatrical experiences to your event to enhance the overall experience. They will share their dream mainstage setups, how to improve breakout sessions, technical elements and what will make or break your next event. If you want to have engaging and memorable events you have come to the right show! Let’s get to it!
We want to help keep you up-to-date with the latest and greatest!
Below, in our Epic Resources section, we link the awesome insider favorites that were mentioned in this episode! You WANT to check these out! What has been your favorite episode so far? Comment below and let us know!
You’re watching this recording of our episode here on our blog, but wouldn’t you rather watch live, ask your own questions, and participate in person? Subscribe now to watch live! (We’ll remind you of upcoming episodes.) We would love for you to join us LIVE and bring your questions for our icons. This is all for you! And now for the main topic in the episode below, Make Your Events More Theatrical!
I definitely think from pre-show to post show you always need to think where are you building momentum where are you increasing it. @OKeefeComMD Click To Tweet As a director, you can do so much with lighting. So terminologies associated with lighting are very important to me as I gravitate towards lighting. @BrassTacksEvent Click To Tweet I work with a lot of In-House shows, you know it's not about the stage only it's about the whole experience. @sdcissna Click To Tweet
How To Subscribe:
- Click here to watch the show live and get email notifications of new episodes.
- Subscribe via iTunes: Video & Audio or Audio Only
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed): Video & Audio or Audio Only
Follow our iconic guests on Twitter:
- Brittney Lanni of O’Keefe Communications, LLC (@OKeefeComMD)
- Kevin Molesworth, CSEP of Brass Tacks Events (@BrassTacksEvent)
- Sarah Cissna of The Side Lobby (@sdcissna)
- Brandt Krueger of Event Technology Consulting (@BrandtKrueger)
- Will Curran of Endless Events (@itswillcurran)
Check out the epic resources mentioned in this episode:
- O’Keefe Communications, LLC – A full-service live event and video production company serving associations, businesses, government and nonprofit agencies
- Brass Tacks Events – Brass Tacks Events endeavors to be the premier event producer in Central Texas and beyond!
- The Side Lobby – The Side Lobby is a consulting firm helping organizations make a difference through events.
- Lessons from fashion’s free culture – Johanna Blakley talks about what all creative industries can learn from fashion’s free culture.
- Toggl – Turn your team on to productivity with Toggl the time tracker.
- When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing by Daniel H. Pink – The scientific secrets to good timing to help you flourish at work, at school, and at home.!
- ArtsJournal – A digest of some of the best arts and cultural journalism in the English-speaking world
- Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company – A national leader in the development of new plays, Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company continues to hold its place at the edge of American theatre.
- Special Effects Show of Universal Studios Hollywood – Get an exclusive behind-the scenes look into your favorite blockbuster movies in our Special Effects Show as stunts, practical effects and cutting-edge technology come to life.
- Blippar – A tech company focused on augmented reality & computer vision.
- LEGO® AR Studio – A new augmented reality experience from LEGO® – where you can play with digital versions of selected LEGO® sets in your real-world scenes!
- It Doesn’t Have to Be Crazy at Work by Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson – A new path to work effectively.
What are your favorite tips and tricks for using event furniture to engage? Comment below and let us know.