Some of the most challenging events to produce are televised events. With a mega televised event such as the Super Bowl, Inauguration or Olympics you only have one shot to get things right. If you aren’t prepared or things go wrong it really shows.
In fact, we saw a prime example of this at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade last week when the lip-sync track audio did not match up with Rita Ora’s in ear track creating an out-of-sync disaster of a performance that unfolded in front of millions viewing the live show. So how do you execute a flawless televised show? How do you deal with the pressure that comes along with planning one? Is it really that different than any other event?
Joining us in today’s episode is Paul Winston the owner of Razor Marketing and Management and an expert on mega televised events. Paul has worked on events such as the Olympics, the Super Bowl, the National Memorial Day Concert, A Capitol Fourth Concert, both of which you can see every year televised on PBS and so much more. Paul will be joining us speaking about the challenges that go into creating events with such high stakes. He will talk about his most memorable moments, best tips and so much more. You don’t want to miss this jam packed episode!
We want to help keep you up-to-date with the latest and greatest!
Below, in our Epic Resources section, we link the awesome insider favorites that were mentioned in this episode! You WANT to check these out! What has been your favorite episode so far? Comment below and let us know!
You’re watching this recording of our episode here on our blog, but wouldn’t you rather watch live, ask your own questions, and participate in person? Subscribe now to watch live! (We’ll remind you of upcoming episodes.) We would love for you to join us LIVE and bring your questions for our icons. This is all for you! And now for the main topic in the episode below, Mega Televised Events!
The processes we use sometimes are site driven, different than what we have done if we were middle on a field. - Paul Winston Click To Tweet What I learnt working with Capitol Police, Secret Service and other Security Services is that the more you can explain what you are trying to achieve the better they will understand. - Paul Winston Click To Tweet
How To Subscribe:
- Click here to watch the show live and get email notifications of new episodes.
- Subscribe via iTunes: Video & Audio or Audio Only
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed): Video & Audio or Audio Only
Follow our iconic guests on Twitter:
- Paul Winston of Razor Marketing and Management
- Alex Plaxen of Little Bird Told Media (@APlaxen)
- Will Curran of Endless Events (@itswillcurran)
Check out the epic resources mentioned in this episode:
- Razor Marketing and Management – Razor is a full service consulting and event management company that delivers turn key solutions to events and programs of any size and budget.
- Capital Concerts – Capital Concerts, Inc. is the nation’s leading producer of live patriotic television shows.
- Smartsheet – A Powerful Platform for the Way You Work Today!
- Sports Travel – The sports world’s event magazine, and producers of the TEAMS Conference & Expo.
- Teams Conference – The world’s leading conference and expo for the sports-event industry.
What are your favorite tips and tricks for using event furniture to engage? Comment below and let us know.