Planning a nonprofit event is no easy feat, it takes a great strategy and above all a big heart. These events require a commitment to the cause, an understanding of how to leverage the power of events to share a message and raise funds. Of course, on top of all that you still need to be a master of the event planning skills all planners need!
Today we are so excited to have two very strong leaders joining us from this space. They have a deep expertise ranging from how to manage diverse teams, planning nonprofit events, and really making your company shine. Our ICONIC guests, Megan Kincaid Kramer of Catalyst Inc. and Kelsi Boyle of Women Deliver are walking us through planning nonprofit events. They will answer what to keep in mind when planning nonprofit events, how to keep the cause alive well after the event, challenges and so much more. We are excited about the wide range of ideas they are going to bring to anyone who joins us for this ride!
We want to help keep you up-to-date with the latest and greatest!
Below, in our Epic Resources section, we link the awesome insider favorites that were mentioned in this episode! You WANT to check these out! What has been your favorite episode so far? Comment below and let us know!
You’re watching this recording of our episode here on our blog, but wouldn’t you rather watch live, ask your own questions, and participate in person? Subscribe now to watch live! (We’ll remind you of upcoming episodes.) We would love for you to join us LIVE and bring your questions for our icons. This is all for you! And now for the main topic in the episode below, nonprofit planning!
A key part of our communication strategy is communicating properly with the network we will be relying on for our programming events. @kelsianna Click To Tweet Good causes are such a good motivator to go to work everyday. @kelsianna Click To Tweet Political leaning is a challenge associated with Non Profit planning. We have had various speakers for whom we had to temper with our content to make it more meaningful. @smegan33 Click To Tweet
How To Subscribe:
- Click here to watch the show live and get email notifications of new episodes.
- Subscribe via iTunes: Video & Audio or Audio Only
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed): Video & Audio or Audio Only
Follow our iconic guests on Twitter:
- Megan Kincaid Kramer of Catalyst Inc. (@smegan33)
- Kelsi Boyle of Women Deliver (@kelsianna)
- Audrey Gallien of Catalyst Inc. (@CatalystInc)
Check out the epic resources mentioned in this episode:
- Catalyst Inc.– A global nonprofit organization focused on empowering and accelerating women in business
- Women Deliver – A catalyst that leverages its extensive reach and partnerships to spark political commitment and investment in girls and women everywhere.
- Catalyst Resource – Be Inclusive Every Day
- Trello – Free and flexible project management boards
- Focus Booster – Based on the Pomodoro method, work for 25 minutes, take a 5 minute break and then repeat 3 times taking a longer break once complete
- Apple Watch – Great for time keeping at events and I love the be mindful reminders to breathe and stand.
- This American Life – A weekly public radio program and podcast.
- Story Pirates Changemakers – Turn kids’ original stories into wild sketch comedy musicals featuring professional actors to show those kids just how amazing their ideas are
- SurveyMonkey – Provides free, customizable surveys, as well as a suite of paid back-end programs that include data analysis, sample selection, bias elimination, and data representation tools
- Smartsheet – Works seamlessly with your favorite enterprise tools and apps, so you can focus on the work that matters most.
What are your favorite tips and tricks for using event furniture to engage? Comment below and let us know.