What are event operations? To us, event operations are the people behind an event that event planners often don’t see and hear. The very heart of event management and production! They are the team at your event doing the actual execution. Event operations do everything they can to keep your event running smoothly, from organizing execution to creating processes.
In today’s episode of #EventIcons, our guests Chris Roberts of EventOps and Liz Lathan of Haute are here to talk about everything needed to succeed in event operations. From the skillsets needed for a career in event operations to measuring success in operations with metrics, we have you covered. They’ll explain the difference between project managers and event managers, and discuss event budgeting.
If you want to make sure your event is running smoothly, then you can’t afford to miss this episode.The most difficult part of budgeting with events is there is no standard. @eventopssware Click To Tweet Event managers are project managers, but project managers may not be event managers. @lizlathan Click To Tweet
How to subscribe:
- Click here to watch the show live and get email notifications of new episodes.
- Subscribe via iTunes: Video & Audio or Audio Only
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed): Video & Audio or Audio Only
Follow our iconic guests on Twitter:
- Chris Roberts of EventOps(@eventopssware)
- Liz Lathan of Haute Dokimazo(@lizlathan)
- Will Curran of Endless Events (@itswillcurran)
Check out the epic resources about event operations:
- Corporate Event
- Sprint: How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days by Jake Knapp(Book)
- 24 Assets Book by Daniel Priestley (Book)
- Periscope Data
- Zapier Blog
- Turn the Ship Around!: A True Story of Turning Followers into Leaders by L. David Marquet(Book)
- Moleskin smart notebook
- Death by Meeting: A Leadership Fable by Patrick M. Lencioni(Book)
- Best self journal