We have come to a time and place where event Wi-Fi is expected. Unfortunately, it’s not always delivered as you expected maybe the quality is terrible or the price is through the roof, none of these are surprises you want to run into your event. But how do you avoid these issues? How can you ensure you are getting great Wi-Fi for your event? Today we are getting down into the nerdy details of just how you can make sure your event Wi-Fi doesn’t suck.
Today on #EventIcons our host Will Curran and iconic guests Matt King of Glisser Ltd., and Ian Framson of Trade Show Internet are going to answer all your burning questions and share their best tips on how to make sure you have the best Wi-Fi possible at your next event. They know planning your event wi-fi can seem daunting and stressful. They will answer questions regarding speeds, signal strengths, contract negotiations, and so much more. This is a can’t miss episode!
We want to help keep you up-to-date with the latest and greatest!
Below, in our Epic Resources section, we link the awesome insider favorites that were mentioned in this episode! You WANT to check these out! What has been your favorite episode so far? Comment below and let us know!
You’re watching this recording of our event industry podcast episode here on our blog, but wouldn’t you rather watch live, ask your own questions, and participate in person? Subscribe now to watch live! (We’ll remind you of upcoming episodes.) We would love for you to join us LIVE and bring your questions for our icons. This is all for you!When you are in a business environment shared bandwidth is really the enemy of reliability. @TSInternet Click To Tweet If you are planning on using us I might not have budgeted for a third party Wi-Fi or an extended Wi-Fi service provided. So it's always the earlier the better. @Glisser Click To Tweet
How To Subscribe:
- Click here to watch the show live and get email notifications of new episodes.
- Subscribe via iTunes: Video & Audio or Audio Only
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed): Video & Audio or Audio Only
Follow our iconic guests on Twitter:
- Will Curran of Endless Events (@itswillcurran)
- Ian Framson of Trade Show Internet (@TSInternet)
- Matthew King of Glisser Ltd. (@Glisser)
Check out the epic resources mentioned in this episode:
- Audience & Student Engagement Blog – Glisser – Glisser’s audience engagement and event analytics blog.
- Learn About How to Improve Wi-Fi at Your Next Event! – Endless, Glisser, and Trade Show Internet – the industry leaders in event success – have teamed up to bring you a complete webinar on how to improve your event Wi-Fi.
- Is Your Event Vulnerable to Cyber Attacks?: The Good, the Bad, and the Really, Really Scary – Online event security is often overlooked but an extremely important part of planning an event. There is so much information and data held on event websites and registration platforms such as credit cards, flight info, home addresses and more, it is a jackpot of information for hackers. As an event planner, it is your job to make sure your attendee’s valuable information is safely secured.
- How to Save on Hotel WIFI – After this episode, you will be well on your way to breaking through the costs and saving money on your hotel event WIFI! Watch below.
- TSI’s Bandwidth Calculator – Plan your event bandwidth
- White Paper: Negotiating the Internet Landscape at Hotels and Convention Centers – If you plan to order Internet or telecommunications services for your event, it is critical to understand the underlying business model in play.
- White Paper: How to Discuss Your Event’s WiFi Needs – The white paper touches on the steps to assess your event’s WiFi appetite, the details of picking appropriate bandwidth, questions to ask to ensure proper event WiFi coverage and capacity, and what goes in to high-quality network support.
- Consumer Rights & FCC Protections – rade Show Internet (TSI) encourages all consumers to understand their rights with respect to Internet “exclusivity” rules. We have assembled the relevant information below to help you take advantage of the Federal protections created to preserve your wireless freedom.
What are your favorite tips and tricks for creating the best event Wi-Fi? Comment below and let us know.