It’s important to constantly prepare for the future of the events industry. One way we do this is by cultivating and encouraging the up-and-coming icons in this industry. How do we do this? One way is through event internship, but these positions need to be structured properly to be effective. Our guests this week are Aubri Nowowiejski and Mary Baird-Wilcock and they will be sharing exactly how to structure your event internship to maximize time and training.
Aubri is the Founder & Board Director for the Student Event Planners Association (SEPA), an Executive Producer at Coterie Spark, and an international speaker. She’s a true advocate for millennials in the events industry. Mary is the Founder of The Simplifiers, sits on the Board of Governors for the International Live Events Association (ILEA), and is CSEP certified. Both of these amazing women were featured in Special Events Magazine as one of “25 Young Event Pros to Watch.” Two very dynamic and ICONIC ladies in the events industry! Tune in to hear what they have to say as they share their combined wisdom and experience on how to structure your event internship.
We want to help keep you up-to-date on the latest and greatest! Below, in our Epic Resources section, we link the awesome insider favorites that were shared by our guest panelists and mentioned in this episode! You WANT to check these out!
You’re watching this recording of our episode here on our blog, but wouldn’t you rather watch live, ask your own questions, and participate in person? Subscribe now to watch live! (We’ll remind you of upcoming episodes.) We would love for you to join us LIVE and bring your questions for our icons. We do this for you!
How To Subscribe:
- Click here to watch the show live and get email notifications of new episodes.
- Subscribe via iTunes: Video & Audio or Audio Only
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed): Video & Audio or Audio Only
Follow our iconic guests on Twitter:
- Aubri Nowowiejski of SEPA (@aubrin)
- Mary Baird-Wilcock of The Simplifiers(@thesimplifiers)
- Will Curran of Endless Events (@itswillcurran)
Check out the epic resources mentioned in this episode:
- Accompany (Chrome plug-in/app)
- ScheduleOnce (A tool that allows clients/vendors to easily book time in your calendar, without the hassle of back/forth emails.)
- Calendly (Another option for a great scheduling tool.)
- “Start With Why” by Simon Sinek (book)
- “Big Magic” by Elizabeth Gilbert (book)
- “The Desire Map” by Danielle LaPorte (book)
- “One Minute Mentoring” by Ken Blanchard & Claire Diaz-Ortiz (book)
- Canadian Intern Association (A place to check Canadian intern laws.)
- US Department of Labor – Fact Sheet #71 (Internship Programs Under The Fair Labor Standards Act)
- UK Employment Rights for Interns
- Hiring Interns, The Legal Way (Posted March 7, 2017 by Justworks)
- The Simplifiers (We simplify the business of events.)
- Entrepreneur.com (Advice, insight, profiles and guides for established and aspiring entrepreneurs worldwide.)